Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Source Code


Last Sunday we went and saw Source Code at the Drafthouse. For those of you unfamiliar with the Alamo Drafthouse, its a theater that serves food and drinks while you watch the movie making dinner and a movie very easy and delicious! Being an Austin staple, this theater though is very weird and does a lot of unique screenings and pre-show previews. Their pre-show is a compilation of videos that pertain to the movie. For instance, during the new Star Trek show, they would show clips of the old Star Trek TV show. Well before this movie they showed clips of Groundhog Day and other lesser known similar films. It really helped set the tone of the movie- Source Code is like an action packed sci-fi Groundhog Day! This was a very interesting movie, containing lots of twists and non-stop action from the very beginning. The cast all did very well, the script was great, and the idea was an old one with an enthralling twist. Its hard to talk about this movie, because I felt like the previews ended up not really showing you anything about the movie. You go in thinking you know what this is about, but the longer you watch, the more you realize you knew nothing when this movie started. So without spoiling anything, I will just say this. During the wrap up towards the end, they start explaining things. In my opinion, there was a fatal flaw in the timeline that ended up not making any sense at all. I understood the direction they were going and why they went that way, but I feel like they messed up the timeline. The very, very end though was really cool and well done. Unfortunately I am very picky with movies and the fact that they seem to have messed up the end a little, I am going to give this just 3 1/2. However, if someone can explain it to me to my satisfaction, I will definitely up it to a 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment